ATSCS(Advanced Traffic Signal Control System)
- An advanced traffic signal control system can minimize the traffic signal waiting time at the junctions by automatically changing the signal durations depending on the amount of traffic loads and the speed collected from sensors buried in the roads.
- A signal device can perform group management based on the main junctions and the traffic axis. As the signal connections are optimized within a group, there will be no interruption in the traffic flows.
- In case of traffic jams on a specific spot due to constructions or accidents, the traffic status is observed by a CCTV and the traffic management center remotely changes the signals to reduce the traffic jams in a short period of time.
Status of Facilities
|Scale of Implementation
|Entire Ulsan Metropolitan City
|923Units(80.2% of the total of 1,151Units)
|Comprised of 116 groups based on the main Junctions
BIS(Bus Information System)
- A bus information system (BIS) is a system that collects the real-time bus location information over wireless communication networks, processes it in the system and supplies it to the users. Due to the ‘Ulsan-Yangsan Wide-Area Bus Connection Project’, since January 2009, the information of metropolitan buses moving between Ulsan and Yangsan has been provided.
- And due to the 'Ulsan-GyeongJu Wide-Area Bus Connection Project', since January 2017, the information of metropolitan buses moving between Ulsan and GyeongJu has been provided.
- The city bus passengers can use the bus station information terminals, the automatic information systems (ARS, SMS) and the internet to find the expected arrival times the routes for buses. Unnecessary waiting time is minimized, and the passengers can all use the buses more conveniently.
- The city bus drivers can use the bus operation intervals and the expected arrival time at the main bus stations provided on the terminals in the bus, so that they can maintain the consistent intervals between buses and achieve in-time bus operation.
- Using the system, the city government and the bus associations can systematically manage the traffic information and apply science to the bus administration works.
Status of Facilities
|Car/Passenger Information Terminals
|866(All Buses except local and village buses)
|Bus Station Information Terminal
|1,215 (39.4% of the total of 3,084 bus stations)
|Automatic Information System(ARS, SMS)
|Bus station information terminal
|Bus arrival time information, Route information and city news
|Bus intervals, Elapsed time at stations
|Passenger information terminals
|Bus station Information, Elapsed time at stations
|Automatic information system
|Expected bus arrival time, Route information
|Bus operation information, Route/arrival time information
ITS(Intelligent Transport System)
- An intelligent transportation system provides traffic information such as the real-time traffic status and the bus operation information through various media including road electric signs and internet.
Variable Message Signs (VMS)
|68units (Beonyoung-ro, Samsan-ro, Namsan-ro)
|Real-time traffic information, Accidental information
(accidents, congestions) and Detour information
|Real-time traffic conditions,
Optimal routs to the destination,
Real time CCTV Video, Bus operation information
(Bus stations, Routes,
Expected arrival time, Bus operation intervals)
|Time count of broadcasting
|24 times/day (23 times for radio, 1 times for TV)
|Traffic status at each hour
Automatic Information System (ARS, SMS)
|Automatic Response System(ARS)
|Short Message Service(SMS)
|Expected bus arrival time, routes